Small Parcel of Bones
Illustrated by Penny Berry
‘David Charleston's second poetry book 'Small Parcel of Bones'. The lino-cuts by Penny Berry include a three colour two page spread.’
- The ‘New Garland’ Poetry Series, No 12
- Illustrations by Penny Berry
- ISBN 090489620X.
- Published in 2008
I'm on the verge of abandoning something,
it's the purity of those sheep in the top field,
their biblical solemnity,
they stop me in my tracks each day,
I am drawn up sharply,
called to account and found wanting.
Whatever I am thinking seems worthless,
I am superfluous
My existence pales beside them,
their whiteness, their silence.
- Shop Online: View all available titles in our Poetry Shop
- More titles in the ‘New Garland’ Series
- Other titles illustrated by Penny Berry
- What is letterpress?