- 25 Sheet Pack, approx 1" x 7".
- Sheets are about 2 thousandths of an inch thick.
- Stapled together at one end, with a board back.
- Use with Pritt Stick or similar.
- Skill level: Intermediate/Advanced
- UK delivery only.
How Do I Use This?
Make-ready fractionally raises areas of packing to compensate for anything in the forme that prints too lightly, usually worn type (if some parts print too heavily, you'll need to reduce pressure all over and deal with the resulting light patches). Do this using small pieces of very thin papers (such as our make-ready tissue) stuck on with a feather light film of Pritt Stick. Apply one layer at a time, until you have the desired result. You can stagger the edges (and, with practice, rub them down with super-fine sand paper) to get the best possible finish.
Make-ready is a normal part of the process for experienced letterpress printers, but it's probably best for beginners to get to grips with the basics before worrying too much about it; you need to know what to check for (eg over-tight quoins, insufficient planing, grot on the back of the forme) before resorting to make-ready.
All sizes and weights are approximate.
You Might Also Like...
- Swiss Style Packing £2.00
- Spacing from £3.00
- Where Can I Find... Type Founders
- NEW: 'Other Voices of the British Isles' ú16.00
- Find a Letterpress Museum Near You